LGBTQI+ Resident Rights education must be completed by Sept.
30, 2022 for your entire facility staff, and then every two years
Newly hired staff must participate in this education within 12 months of their start date, unless they have documentation that they participated in similar education within the previous two years.
The course includes a 40-minute, on-demand narrated video with accompanying resources and tools. We recommend that you devote 60 minutes to showing the video and having a discussion. Facilitators and/or designated representatives can use the video with groups or individuals in the facility. For the maximum benefit, we recommend that facilitators use these resources:
- Staff Training Outline which provides guided questions for different sections of the video. Facilitators can pause the video to lead discussion with staff using this outline.
- Primer for Staff that serves as a handout to accompany the recorded webinar.
- Staff Feedback Form that facilitators can use to gather information about how well staff understood the content of the video and about their interest in learning more.
- FAQ for Staff
- Facilities will be responsible for tracking attendees’ completion of the program as part of their overall training plan and issuing attendance certificates, if needed.
- NJHA will not provide certificates or CEUs for this program.
- All course materials are available on this page