NJHA and SAGECare has launched a new online course, “Inclusive Data, Inclusive care: Collecting SOGI, Race, and Ethnicity Data in New Jersey. This 75-minute online course for acute care hospital and clinical laboratory staff provides cultural competency training that meets the components of a new state mandate, P.L. 2021, c. 454.
The goal of this on-demand training is to provide evidence-based cultural competency training that meets the components of the state mandate.
This training covers the following topics:
- An overview of the requirements of the law
- Examples of how to interact with patients in order to collect data in a culturally sensitive manner
- Common terminology that differentiates race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) information
- Examples of how data are used and the relationships between health and information
- Tips on how to navigate difficult discussion, and
- Information on how to create inclusive and affirming environments for all patients.
For more information on the course, email email@example.com.