WEBINAR SESSION | Friday, October 6, 2023 | 1 – 2 p.m. ET
Program Summary & Objectives
Benjamin Franklin famously wrote that “nothing is certain but death and taxes.” Healthcare providers might add “... and insurance denials” to that list of the inevitable. This session will assist attendees in understanding how to identify common denial issues within their organizations. Our expert presenter will discuss how to work within one’s own department to improve denial rates; work with outside departments to correct upstream issues that roll down to HIM and Patient Accounts; and ways to think outside the box when looking at payer denials.
At the conclusion of this program participants will be prepared to:
- Identify common denial issues;
- Understand root cause analysis for those denials;
- Begin implementing changes within Coding and PFS to reduce denials and claim edits;
- Build collaborative relationships with outside departments to reduce denials and claim edits;
- Think in new and innovative ways when appealing payer denials.
Who Should Attend
HIM Directors and Managers, Coding Staff, Billing Professionals and Patient Financial Services
Lorie B. Mills, RHIT, CCS
Program materials and Zoom link to join the webinar will be sent electronically prior to the date of the webinar.
This program is eligible for 1 AHIMA CEU.
No refunds will be issued; individuals unable to attend the live webinar will have access to the recorded version at a later date.
Questions: Please email Chris Russo at email@example.com