Original Air Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Time: 1 – 2 p.m. ET
PROGRAM SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVES
In 2018 the Fourth Universal Definition of myocardial infarction (MI) was released with very specific criteria defining the different types of myocardial infarctions. In 2019 a multifactorial workgroup created the criteria to define non-traumatic myocardial injuries. Then ICD 10 code I5A, non-ischemic (non-traumatic) myocardial injury, was published in October 2021. It is often difficult for coding and CDI professionals to agree on infarctions vs. injuries.
During this session we will discuss the underlying causes and clinical differences between type 1 and type 2 myocardial infarctions. We will discuss when a non-traumatic myocardial injury is clinically present and when it is appropriate to query the provider for clarification.
At the conclusion of this program participants will be prepared to:
- Distinguish the differences between Type 1 and Type 2 MIs;
- Pinpoint the criteria that indicates a non-traumatic myocardial injury;
- Identify the diagnostic testing and abnormal results that indicate cardiac events;
- Differentiate between myocardial infarctions and non-traumatic myocardial injuries;
- Compose a non-leading appropriate query for MIs and non-traumatic myocardial injuries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
HIM Directors and Managers, Coding staff, Billing Professionals, CDI Professionals and Patient Financial Services
Lorie B. Mills, RHIT, CCS
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Program materials will be sent electronically prior to the date of the webinar.
- This program is eligible for 1 AHIMA CEU.
- No refunds will be issued; individuals unable to attend the live webinar will have access to the recorded version at a later date.
QUESTIONS: Please email Chris Russo at firstname.lastname@example.org.